“Cut out box”

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
Borodog

“Cut out box”

Post by Borodog »

When I ask people who use that other capture software for planetary imaging instead of SharpCap, which, having used both, I greatly prefer, it often comes down to a single feature, the so-called “cut out box.” This is the ability to define a rectangular region that is smaller than the ROI which is recorded instead of the full ROI. I have to admit this is an extremely attractive feature for a number of reasons. I’d like to see this feature in SharpCap.

Thanks for your consideration.
admin
Site Admin

Re: “Cut out box”

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for the suggestion - it's not actually a hard thing to do (to cut out part of the image of each frame) - getting a sensible user interface around the feature would be much more work!

cheers,

Robin
Borodog

Re: “Cut out box”

Post by Borodog »

Keep it simple. A single check box under the ROI section (maybe “sub-ROI”) to turn the cutout box on and off. The box is drawn in the ROI and has draggable corners and sides. That’s it.