Scritping Dithering Frames

Discussions on extending SharpCap using the built in Python scripting functionality
Xio1996

Scritping Dithering Frames

Post by Xio1996 »

Hi Robin,

Is it possible to get/set the 'Dither every' property in the Guiding Tab when Live Stacking via the scripting model? I would like to set the dither every frame rate property remotely via a SharpCap script.

Many thanks

Pete
admin
Site Admin

Re: Scritping Dithering Frames

Post by admin »

Hi Pete,

not really - you can run a sequence from scripting, but you cannot interact directly with a sequence that is already running.

If you want to change the dither dynamically during a sequence run then I think you are stuck I'm afraid. If you want to pick an interval before running the sequence then the scripting could modify the sequencer file and then run it.

cheers,

Robin
Xio1996

Post by Xio1996 »

Hi Robin,

Thank you for the information. I did search the object model and couldn't find anything. I was hoping I had missed something ( I often do :D ).

I will give SharpCap.Sequencer.RunSequence("...") a go with a ... GUIDING DITHER EVERY 5 FRAMES ... etc. before I start live stacking.

Many thanks for your help.

Pete
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Pete,

If you are live stacking then the 'guiding dither every' step is inappropriate - that step is for plain capturing. Live stacking has its own dither settings which it will use - the ones you find in the 'guiding' tab of the live stacking UI. Unfortunately those are inaccessible via scripting too, and it would not be easy to make them accessible. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but will hopefully save you from trying things that don't work.

cheers,

Robin
Xio1996

Post by Xio1996 »

Hi Robin,

Thank you. That stopped me from shouting at my PC this weekend, when it didn't work :D

Could I put a feature request in for version 5'ish?

Many thanks

Pete