Take automated tiff images in a sequence? How?

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
abillionnewstars

Take automated tiff images in a sequence? How?

Post by abillionnewstars »

With the upcoming solar eclipse (Oct 14th) I want to take automated images (tiff files) of the eclipse at a set interval. The goal is to make an animation. I don't have a need for video files as I will be using a simple Sun filter.

How do I set that up? 🤔
The capture menu doesn't seem to allow for that.

Thanks!

Steve
admin
Site Admin

Re: Take automated tiff images in a sequence? How?

Post by admin »

Hi Steve,

one way to do it is to set the 'output format' to TIFF, then to press 'Start Capture'.

In the Start Capture window, choose 'Single Frame', then in the block below tick the box to 'Perform a sequence of captures' and set the interval between captures and the number of captures to perform.

thanks,

Robin
abillionnewstars

Post by abillionnewstars »

Hi Robin,

Thanks for the reply.

I already tried what you suggested. When I chose "single frame", the lower box in " Start Capture" gets disabled... it becomes impossible to create a sequence with intervals.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

actually it's choosing the 'Unlimited' option at the top that disables the 'Simple Sequence' box entirely (since an unlimited capture doesn't finish without you pressing 'Stop' it makes no sense to sequence more than one).

If you choose 'Single Frame' then the bottom box is enabled, but you need to tick the 'Perform a sequence of captures' checkbox to be able to adjust the length/interval. I just checked this in the latest 4.0 and the latest 4.1 and all seems to be working correctly.

cheers,

Robin