2 lodestar connected

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
javierdeelias

2 lodestar connected

Post by javierdeelias »

Hello,
I have a problem when I connect two Lodestar X2 to the same PC. If I connect just one, Sharpcap recognizes it fine and it works. If I connect both, it does not detect any of them. Both are able to work at the same time because for example with Maxim I can have one as main and the other as guide. Any idea about to what I should do to fix it?.
I am using the latest version of Sharpcap, and the problem occurs with both 32 and 64 bit versions.
Regards,
Javier
admin
Site Admin

Re: 2 lodestar connected

Post by admin »

Hi,

I've just looked at the code for detecting StarlightXpress cameras, and I do have code that is supposed to handle two or more cameras of the same type, but since I only have one, I have no way to test it properly :(

If they are not appearing in the cameras menu at all with both plugged in, then perhaps there is a bug in the camera detection with 2 or more of the same camera. Can you please look in the SharpCap log after startup to see if there are any 'Warning' or 'Error' entries? That might reveal what is going on.

cheers,

Robin
javierdeelias

Post by javierdeelias »

Hello Robin,

Attached is the log.
I can see a warning concerning the cameras. Part of the message is in Spanish as it comes from my operating system is Spanish. I don't understand the meaning of this warning, but I have checked that both lodestar cameras are operative from Maxim (one as Lodestar and the other as Lodestar2).

Warning 16:11:43.074185 #19 fetching cameras from provider : StarlightXpress Cameras : Exception of type 'KeyNotFoundException' : La clave proporcionada no se encontró en el diccionario. in void System.Threading.Tasks.Task<TResult>.InnerInvoke()

Regards,
Javier
Attachments
Log_2023-10-01T16_11_37-1432.log
log file
(23.88 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Javier,

thanks for posting the log - the message about 'KeyNotFound' does give me some pointers that might help me track down why this is not working properly. I will report back when I have properly investigated.

Robin