Saving Histogram Stretch Mode Value

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
Cey42

Saving Histogram Stretch Mode Value

Post by Cey42 »

I really like the new live stacking Stretch Mode. It would be nice if this value got saved in either the "CameraSettings.txt" file or the "Histogram.csv" file. During Live Stacking, I will try different values and save the images. Unless I keep notes of which is which, when I go back and view the images again and determine which I like better, I don't know which Mode Value it was.

Thanks,
Cey
Steve in Boulder

Re: Saving Histogram Stretch Mode Value

Post by Steve in Boulder »

Great suggestion! The new stretch modes are very useful.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

it should already be in the camerasettings file that is saved adjacent to the saved image from live stacking - look in the file for

Code: Select all

LiveStack.StretchMode=6
You will see that a lot of other live stack specific info is added to these files, including colour adjustments, black/mid/white levels for the live stack stretch, etc.

cheers,

Robin
Cey42

Post by Cey42 »

I see my problem. I was looking at the CameraSettings.txt under the processed folder where my png image is saved. StretchMode is not in that file.

But if I look at the CameraSettings.txt file one folder above, where the .fits file is, the StretchMode is in there.

My question now is why don't the two files have the same data in them? The one next to the fits file has so much more info. I had always just looked at the one in the processed folder and assumed that fits one was similar.

Thanks,
Cey
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

it's all down to how the file is saved - if you do the first 3 options (16 bit, 32 bit, with adjustments) it's handled by the live stacking code, so it gets the extra live stacking info added. If you use the 'save exactly as seen', effectively it's the same as pressing the save button on the mini histogram, so the code that handles the saving is different, and doesn't know about the special live stacking stuff.

Not sure how easy it would be to rig things to append the special live stacking save info - will have to check.

cheers,

Robin