Image query.

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
andylast

Image query.

Post by andylast »

Hi
I am new to Sharpcap and using cameras. Trying a new camera out (its a planetary camera that can also be used to capture the brighter condensed DSOs.......to a point). On every series of live stacks that are captured, when I look in the folder I can see the live stack results (plus the coloured pixels - haven't got round to using dark frames yet). The last saved capture is always double the file size and appears to be a reversed on negative image.
Stack_32bits_13frames_208s.jpeg
Stack_32bits_13frames_208s.jpeg (22.41 KiB) Viewed 1308 times
I get these on every live stack. So, for example. Lets say I do 2 live stacks, each 16 secs long and for a duration of 3 minutes. In the capture folder I see the two live stack images, plus this weird image which is always double the file size.
Anyone know what these images are?
Thanks
Andy
admin
Site Admin

Re: Image query.

Post by admin »

Hi Andy,

these files are the 32-bit stack values saved by the auto-save at the end of each stack (when you reset or close live stacking). Some processing applications don't deal with these files very well, so you might find you can see the correct image in an alternative application. There's also an option in the SharpCap settings to switch the format of the 32 bit save to floating point, which can help compatibility.

In actual fact though, these tend to only contain marginally more info than the 16 bit save, so you may just want to ignore them unless you are running very long stacks and pushing the image stretching right to the limit in processing.

thanks,

Robin
andylast

Re: Image query.

Post by andylast »

Thanks Robin

I asked this question on this Sharpcap forum and on CN. Well over 120 imagers have seen the question and no-one knew. I thought I can't be the only person who is seeing these images.

Best
Andy