SC autosaves all the time and I dont want it to...

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
FXModels

SC autosaves all the time and I dont want it to...

Post by FXModels »

Hi Robin,
I dont know why but SC now does these autosaves all the time that I dont believe I ever told it to do. It is filling my hard drive on the remote machine. It is also saving both the 16 bit and 32 bit FIT stacks and I do not want that. I just want the 16 bit stack. Photoshop does not like the 32 bit stack.

Are these settings I am missing?
Thanks,
Marc Dantonio
STLS
admin
Site Admin

Re: SC autosaves all the time and I dont want it to...

Post by admin »

Hi Marc,

untick the option to 'Autosave on clear/close' as shown here : https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/4.0/#Left%20Panel

It's on by default based on the theory that it's better to save and have to delete the files later than to lose image data by mistake. However, not everyone agrees with that approach :)

cheers,

Robin
FXModels

Post by FXModels »

Hi Robin,
Thank you for the response. Will this toggle also turn off saving both a 16 and 32 bit FITs file? I only want to save the 16 bit...
Thanks,
Marc
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Marc,

that will turn off all auto-save on reset of the stack or close of live stacking. There's no way to have a selective auto-save in one format only, although of course you can manually save in whichever format you like.

thanks,

Robin