Atik 16200 Preview Mode behavior

Mystic_Hill

Atik 16200 Preview Mode behavior

Post by Mystic_Hill »

Using SharpCap 4.0 with an Atik 16200 I find that Preview Mode is "pre-brightened" with pixel values about 29000 to 32000. Of course, autostretch sets the black point at 29000 or so to make the stars visible. I would say that is not expected behavior but is it intended behavior?

Thanks, this was my first time with the program.

Roy
Roy

"No test can tell you how to live your life! A man like you, a man like me, we boldly go, and daringly do! Our heads are in the clouds, and our eyes are on the stars! Fill up your eyes with those stars, man!" --Darkwing Duck
admin
Site Admin

Re: Atik 16200 Preview Mode behavior

Post by admin »

Hi Roy,

that's not intentional on my part, but testing the Atik camera I have here, I can see that switching to preview mode does brighten the background level of a dark frame image (from about 2% of histogram to 10% for the 314L). So, I suspect it's something that is coming from the Atik software side of things - no idea if it is intentional there. If your camera has an 'offset' control, you may be able to use it to turn down the background brightness in preview mode, but that will probably affect normal mode too.

cheers,

Robin
Mystic_Hill

Re: Atik 16200 Preview Mode behavior

Post by Mystic_Hill »

I have not been able to find a gain/offset control for the 16200 but regular mode appears as expected.
Roy

"No test can tell you how to live your life! A man like you, a man like me, we boldly go, and daringly do! Our heads are in the clouds, and our eyes are on the stars! Fill up your eyes with those stars, man!" --Darkwing Duck