Video

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
Victory Pete

Video

Post by Victory Pete »

Hi,
How do I make a video? I have been using SharpCap only for a few months now for nighttime viewing of objects but want to get a video of the sun, ultimately for the total solar eclipse on 4-8-24. Today I am practicing on a tree.
Thanks for the help

admin
Site Admin

Re: Video

Post by admin »

Hi,

press either the 'Start Capture' or the 'Quick Capture' buttons on the toolbar. 'Start Capture' will pop up a window asking you how long/how many frames, etc. Quick Capture just starts capturing images to file.

You might want to also have a look at the documentation here : https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/4.0/#Captur ... d%20Images

cheers,

Robin
Victory Pete

Post by Victory Pete »

Hi Robin
I have read that and tried to get a short video, but it does not come out right, for one, it is not in color, and it is not in a video. I am not sure what values I am supposed to put in and where.
Thanks
VP
Victory Pete

Post by Victory Pete »

This is what I have:
It makes a short video with no color and a grid pattern.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, what you have there is RAW data in the video - the exact data that comes from the colour sensor of the camera (which measures red, green and blue light on different pixels).

The advantage of this is that the video is 3x smaller and the data has not been processed at all, so you can use different processing techniques after capture if you want without any processing 'baked into' the saved file.

The disadvantage is that the file looks mono with a grid pattern until you recover the colour using a process called 'debayering'. There is a discussion and guide on this here : viewtopic.php?t=254

cheers,

Robin