Deep Sky Annotation bug?

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
kgeissler

Deep Sky Annotation bug?

Post by kgeissler »

I am running RC4. If I point my scope somewhere, plate solve and then look at the deep sky annotation, the first time is fine. If I move my scope to a different location, plate solve and look at the deep sky annotation, it will not change. It still shows the first location. No matter how many times I move the scope to a new location, I still get the first one. Example, I move my telescope to the Cocoon Nebula, plate solve and turn on deep sky annotation, it shows the cocoon nebula on the screen. If I move the scope to Andromeda, plate solve and turn on deep sky annotation, it shows the cocoon nebula on the screen. If I hit "nearby", I don't even see andromeda listed. I have to restart the app to fix it. This was not a problem in RC3.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Deep Sky Annotation bug?

Post by admin »

Hi,

I think I will need a bit more info here - I have checked the changes between 4.1.10949 (RC3) and 4.1.10970 (RC4) and there's nothing that looks like it should affect this :(

If you have a log of the session it would be helpful, also more info on your plate solving application and how you are moving from one target to the next - in particular, is a GOTO mount connected in SharpCap or not.

cheers,

Robin
kgeissler

Post by kgeissler »

I don't have the log. For plate solving I am using ASTAP. I am using a Skywatcher Virtuoso GTI 150p with GOTO. The synscan is connected in Sharpcap. So, I use the Synscan app to pick the object I want view. The scope moves, I then "plate solve only" and do the deep sky annotation. If the object I was moving to is in my field of view, i center it. If not, I look at the "nearby" tab and select the object and do a "center in view". Sharpcap then moves the mount to the correct position.

It was weird that I had no problem with this in the last version. Last night I completely uninstalled sharpcap and reinstalled. When I go out tonight I will see if the problem persists and if it does, I can save the logs.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks - it may be clear here this evening too, so I will try a similar test if the weather co-operates to see if I see the same. I should point out that there are some issues with the latest version of the Synscan App that seem to stop it from properly handling some commands (for instance see this thread : viewtopic.php?p=37927#p37927). I'm not sure if this would be related to the problem you are having, but it might be.

cheers,

Robin