Can't update Sharpcap Pro

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
harveyscoot

Can't update Sharpcap Pro

Post by harveyscoot »

Hi

I cannot seem to update my Sharpcap Pro. I have version 4.0.9268 installed and am trying to install the updated versionb 4.0.9538

Can anyone offer any assistance please?

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I am getting the folowing message when trying to download it:-

"exception occured during Webclient request"

Thanks
Harvey
Menno555

Re: Can't update Sharpcap Pro

Post by Menno555 »

Hi Harvey

Does this happen with the update feature within SharpCap or with a downloaded version?
If it is within SharpCap, try to download the latest version here and see what happens when installing that?

Menno
harveyscoot

Post by harveyscoot »

Hi Menno

I have tried it now on 2 laptops and am getting the same error message. If I download it from there will it effect my Pro licence? I should mention that this happens with a downloaded version of Sharpcap Pro.

Thanks
Harvey
harveyscoot

Post by harveyscoot »

OK so I have an update

Thanks to Menno, I have managed to install the software on 1 laptop. However, I can't seem to download the software on the other one through the application. I have managed to get it to work by downloading the latest version from the Sharpcap website. I have been able to launch it from the download, but when I close things back down and reboot it, - it is still showing an older version. The only way I can get it to work on the latest version is to keep going into the download, and repairing it. Once this is done I get the option to load it from there, once this has been done it works until I close it down and then I have to go through the whole process again. It's headbanging stuff! :?:

Cheers
Harvey
harveyscoot

Post by harveyscoot »

It's all sorted now, the new version had put a new Application shortcut on the desktop in a place where I couldn't see it. So I've deleted the old version now so alls good!

Thanks
Harvey :D
Menno555

Post by Menno555 »

Good to hear you solved it Harvey :)

Menno