QHY Camera with Flip function

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
donboy

QHY Camera with Flip function

Post by donboy »

I just got a QHY183C and took a set of Darks with the Flip (after dark/flat) set to Both. What happened is the Darks didn't line up with the captures and the image had all the warm pixels of the camera plus the image of the corrected warm pixels in the Dark. Besides the warm pixels doubling in the captures, the amp glow was uncorrected and the correction was appearing on the opposite side of the image.

There is no Flip function under Camera Controls for this camera as there is for my ZWO cameras. So what I did to correct the situation was to set the Flip(after dark/flat) to None and redid Darks and shot the images with the same settings with Flip (after dark/flat) set to None.

Don
admin
Site Admin

Re: QHY Camera with Flip function

Post by admin »

Hi Don,

actually, a good point there - the dark and flat capture tools should disable that flip after dark/flat while capturing - I will put that on the list of things to do.

A workaround would be to run the captured frames through the folder monitor camera with the flip after dark/flat set to both again, which would re-flip the frames and save them the right way round.

thanks for the heads up on this,

Robin