Problem connecting to Player One camera (4.1.10949.0)

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
cissou8

Problem connecting to Player One camera (4.1.10949.0)

Post by cissou8 »

Hi Robin,

this post to report a problem of connection to an Artemis-M pro (https://player-one-astronomy.com/produc ... ed-camera/) camera. Have the latest native driver grabbed from Player One site(https://player-one-astronomy.com/downlo ... 3.6.20.zip).

The camera appears in the list, but when connecting, I never get the acquisition buttons (Start capture, quick capture etc...). I think I found an old entry here in the forum where you said it was as if the camera would not "finish" connecting, can't find the post anymore :)
This behavior has appeared with 4.1.10949.0 (64-bit). I reverted to 4.1.10931.0 and it works fine.

Unfortunately, the camera was lent to me and I had to return it, so I won't be able to test if you patch. But I wanted to report nonetheless.

Cheers,

Cecile
admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem connecting to Player One camera (4.1.10949.0)

Post by admin »

Hi Cecile,

thanks for the report - oddly there have been no changes to PlayerOne related code in between 4.1.10931 and 4.1.10949, which makes it strange that the problem went away with the older version.

If you can find the SharpCap log from the session where the connect failed, please post it here, since it's possible that by looking at where the log stops I could work out where it got stuck.

thanks,
Robin
cissou8

Post by cissou8 »

Weird indeed....
I'll try to get hold of the computer where I ran the tests next week, and send a log for both versions.

C.
cissou8

Post by cissou8 »

Hi Robin,

sorry it took me quite some time to get back to you on the matter. I finally got some of the logs on the computer on which I had ran the tests and it seems the problem was between the chair and the keyboard :D . I had accidentally tried to set the histogram to Auto onto a computer which did not have a Pro license and apparently ignored the message that said it was disabling saving.
Just as a final check, I got the camera back for a few days and tested with the last beta v4.1.11013.0 (and Player One updated driver 1.3.9.1) on my own computer with a license and it works like a charm. Very sorry for the noise....
I see that there are no sensor analysis for this camera from the latest log. And I have it available for the coming days. Do you want me to run a sensor analysis and send you the results?

Cheers,

Cecile
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Cecile,

glad that the updated version did the trick :)

If you do have time to run the analysis in MONO8 and MONO16 modes then that would be appreciated - you can email the result files to me using the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page.

thanks,

Robin