Livestack “save exactly as seen”

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
Gfischer

Livestack “save exactly as seen”

Post by Gfischer »

Hi robin,

I use a dob sitting on a eq platform. Periodic error and poor polar alignment cause dark edges in frame while live stacking. I crop out edges after session with other software. If the “save as seen “ button would include the zoom level on display I could trim pics by enlarging then recentering image on display. This would also be useful when imaging small objects like planetary nebula.

George
admin
Site Admin

Re: Livestack “save exactly as seen”

Post by admin »

Hi George,

I think it would have to be a separate button, since most people would not be expecting that behaviour (save from an imaging program usually saves the whole image, not just the bit you are looking at). Something that I will have to think about.

thanks,

Robin
john_robertson1953

Post by john_robertson1953 »

Robin,

I’d love to see this added on next version.

There’s times during F/2 hyperstar image live stacking, that midway I’ll take an exactly as seen and would also like to zoom in 50-100% to capture the core and then compare to post processed images.

Will add more flexibility.
carlomuccini

Post by carlomuccini »

You can always use the "PRINT" key on your keyboard (analogous to "COPY" for text) and thus save the screen image to the clipboard. After that you can do "PASTE" in a graphics program.
Or you can use the Windows SCREEN CAPTURE utility

Carlo
john_robertson1953

Post by john_robertson1953 »

Hi Carlo,

I can’t figure a way to Print Screen when I’m remotely accessing mini.

Does anyone know of a way?
carlomuccini

Post by carlomuccini »

use the Windows SCREEN CAPTURE utility
free and easy

Carlo
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

recent versions of Windows have two tools for this 'Snipping Tool' and 'Snip and Sketch'. Snip and Sketch is quite nice as it allows you to capture the whole window for a program and then crop down to the bit you want. Easiest way to get to them is to press the 'Windows' key, then type 'Snip' which will search for installed programs with 'Snip' in the name (and a pile of rubbish on the internet if you haven't turned the internet search thing off).

cheers,

Robin