Switching between NTSC and PAL format

joanbdunham

Switching between NTSC and PAL format

Post by joanbdunham »

The camera Pin option shows NTSC_M as the video standard. It will not allow me to change that. where is that set?
Using a Watec 910HX PAL format
admin
Site Admin

Re: Switching between NTSC and PAL format

Post by admin »

Hi,

once you have gone into the Pin Options window (or the Filter options window for that matter), everything that you see comes from the driver for the device you are using rather than from SharpCap. In this case, I suspect that the driver is the one for the USB grabber device, and if it is not showing any additional options there to change to then maybe there are none. Another possibility is that the alternatives are blocked because of other choices that you have selected in the same window - for instance maybe if you change the resolution or some other setting then different options will appear for NTSC/PAL/etc.

cheers,

Robin
joanbdunham

Re: Switching between NTSC and PAL format

Post by joanbdunham »

Your answer made me think of another way to solve this problem. I started a package that allows me to switch between the format, the IOTA VideoCapture 2.3, set it to accepting PAL, and then started SharpCap. After turning IOTA VidCap off, SharpCap is now displaying the PAL data.
Joan