Sharpcap keeps disconnecting from SynScan

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
kgeissler

Sharpcap keeps disconnecting from SynScan

Post by kgeissler »

I have a Virtuoso GTI 150p. I have the mount hardwired to my computer via USB. I can start the SynScan app and control the mount fine. I then open SharpCap and connect my camera, then connect the mount. The mount works for about 5 minutes. After that the mount stops responding and I get an error saying such. At this point, I can still control the mount in the SynScan app. If I close and restart both the synScan app and SharpCap, the mount will start working again, but only for a few minutes. I then get the same error again. I previously connected to SynScan via Wifi and had the same issues.
Any ideas?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sharpcap keeps disconnecting from SynScan

Post by admin »

Hi,

please could you share the SharpCap log from one of the sessions that has been hit by this problem so that I can see any error messages in full?

It also might be worth trying SharpCap 4.1 (https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap/sha ... p-4-1-beta) as that has a new feature to try to automatically reconnect if there is a temporary glitch with an ASCOM driver. Not sure if it will work in your situation, but it is worth trying.

thanks,

Robin
kgeissler

Post by kgeissler »

I figured out was the problem was. When you run the SynScan app in Windows, you need to make sure you "Run as Administrator". Once I did that, the disconnections stopped.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for sharing - would not have guessed that, so others might find that info useful.

cheers,

Robin