Rinning two EAF's in two instances

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
Chris_h

Rinning two EAF's in two instances

Post by Chris_h »

I am running a dual setup, so I run 2 instances of SharpCap. In instance 1, I choose 'EAF focuser 1', and in instance 2, I choose 'EAF focuser 2'. However, I have noticed that whichever focuser I am using, also takes over in the 2nd instance. Is it a bug, or is it just not possible to use two EAF's at the same time at the moment?

Cheers!

- Chris
admin
Site Admin

Re: Rinning two EAF's in two instances

Post by admin »

Hi Chris,

the EAF support in SharpCap is via the ZWO ASCOM driver - there are two copies of that installed as ZWO Focuser 1 and 2.

To make sure that they talk to different focusers, you have to use the 'Properties'/'Setup' button to configure each of the ASCOM drivers to talk to the right hardware.
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (35.92 KiB) Viewed 445 times
If you have two EAF devices plugged in then you will have two showing as EAF(ID0) and EAF(ID1) in the dropdown - choose the appropriate one for each ASCOM driver. I'm afraid I'm not sure quite what will happen if you then have only one plugged in at some later point - that might cause problems.

cheers,

Robin
Chris_h

Re: Rinning two EAF's in two instances

Post by Chris_h »

Hmm...I am pretty sure I did just that... But it was late and the clouds were rolling in, so I might have messed it up somewhere. I will give it another go!

Cheers Robin!