Push-to plate solving issue beta 4.1.10872.0

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
PeterAB

Re: Push-to plate solving issue beta 4.1.10872.0

Post by PeterAB »

Hi Robin,

I'll try the new version as soon as sky conditions allow. Forecast is for cloudy the next few nights. The weather trend lately has been fewer clouds than forecast, so I am hopeful that I'll get out soon.

Knowing the source of the issue and turning down the gain by 4x to compensate makes for consistently good plate solving. This is at least true for working in star rich sections of the summer sky.

Thanks, Peter
PeterAB

Post by PeterAB »

Good morning Robin,

Push-to and plate solving are working well in v4.1.10939. I did not have any plate solves fail. After my initial tests went well, I went observing using push-to assistant for finding. Everything was smooth and worked as expected. I tested with my asi294 on a F714mm f7 and a F242mm f5 telescope. I ran out of cloud free time to check with my other camera.

Also, the issue with the plate solver getting passed a null field of view on the first plate solve appears to be resolved. At any rate, the first plate solve is now finishing quickly without needing to guess the field of view.

I'm thinking about a minor (I hope) feature change or two to the push-to assistant. If they still make sense to me after some more use, I'll add them to the feature request thread.

Thanks,

Peter
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Peter,

thanks for reporting back and good to hear that all is now working as it should :)

Clear skies!

Robin