Plate solve continuously?

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
bokemon

Plate solve continuously?

Post by bokemon »

Hello,
I would like to implement this system here:
viewtopic.php?p=27082&hilit=stellarium#p27082

which is a manual mount with a viewing telescope plus plate-solving guide scope.
After that is done, I wonder if it is possible to get Sharpcap to plate solve and sync continuously? Like every 2-10 seconds. This would be for randomly panning around the milky way, or just deciding to go to random objects. Of course, while the telescope is moving the plate solve will fail, but oh well.

A peripheral question: If I suddenly move more than 15 degrees and plate solve fails, can Sharpcap have a feature where it will "fall back" to the All Sky Plate Solver, instead of ASTAP?

Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Re: Plate solve continuously?

Post by admin »

Hi,

actually, the 'Push To' assistant (new in SharpCap 4.1 beta) does all of this automatically for you - see viewtopic.php?p=36631#p36631

On top of what you want, it also lets you select a target and guides you in moving the scope towards it, but you can ignore that part if you want. It does the plate solving in a loop, falls back to whole sky solving if the local 15 degree search fails and can update the virtual mount position each time the plate solving succeeds.

cheers,

Robin
bokemon

Re: Plate solve continuously?

Post by bokemon »

wow, amazing