Feature request: Sequence "Comments"...?

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
lowenthalm

Feature request: Sequence "Comments"...?

Post by lowenthalm »

I find myself wanting to put some comments at the top of the my dark capture sequence - instructions for selecting which functions to call to capture the desired combination of settings. And noting changes and improvements between versions of scripts - whats different about V3 of a script vs V2.

Poking around this evening, there does not appear to be a comment sequence step with just a simple text box that displays in the sequence list. Would be handy!
DirtyRod

Re: Feature request: Sequence "Comments"...?

Post by DirtyRod »

That would be great. Sometimes even commenting out a line of code for testing purposes would be a great benefit.
carlomuccini

Post by carlomuccini »

yes it would be really convenient

Carlo
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Oddly there is a comment step in the sequencing engine, but I deliberately didn't put it into the list of available steps since I thought it wasn't going to be interesting to people....

You will see the comment step if you go to the 'Deep Sky Sequence Planner' and then choose 'advanced edit'. It gets saved as a line starting with a #, so you can add them by manually editing the sequence files too.

I now have to try to remember whether there was any *other*, better, reason not to show the comment step before I make it visible...

cheers,

Robin
DirtyRod

Post by DirtyRod »

Thats Perfect Robin.

I used to write a lot of code so being able to just add a character at the beginning of the line is really valuable. Without that, I've had to copy the code to a new sequence and edit and then try to remember what I changed to edit the original. I've ended up with several versions of the script and can't remember which one was the right file.

Not sure why I didn't think to look at the Planner other than I've never tried it. I didn't see a few functions listed years ago and went straight to the Advanced Editor.

Thank you!!