livestack filenames

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
CIZIRF

livestack filenames

Post by CIZIRF »

I' ve tried to edit the livestack filemames to include {Time} so that I do not get an error message when doing several livestack sessions on the same target, but can't save when edited... At the moment the only way I can get this to work is to change the target name after each livestack is completed.
What I would like is:
- Have all my stacks in the same subfolder target under date
- I only need the 16bits stack (to be reimported in Siril) Is it possible to get rid of the 32 bits which takes place for nothing.
- I do not care about the processed PNG files, any way to get rid of them ?
Thank you

PS I'm using the latest 4.0
admin
Site Admin

Re: livestack filenames

Post by admin »

Hi,

if you cannot save the filename settings then you are probably being stopped because your choice of filenames still leads to a risk of overwriting. The details of what is wrong will appear in red above the filename templates area, but in general you need to include

* One of {TotalExposure}, {Index} or {StackedFrames}

and

* One of {Time} or {DateTime}

cheers,

Robin
CIZIRF

Post by CIZIRF »

Hi again,
I went back to default settings where each stack is saved in a time subfolder.
What i find not very convenient is to have to open each folder to import the 16bits fits into Siril.
For example doing 4h on a target, using 3mn livestacks requires to open the subfolders 80 times... really annoying !
I am very bad at writing code, but a small routine may do the job i.e rename the Fits 16b file wirh the subfolder name and move it to a common subfolder so the the stacks could be all imported in one operation in Siril...

Hope I am clear...
What i was trying to do is just add a {time} tag, in the stack filename, so that they could be all saved in the same subirectory. But no way !

Btw I love the livestack feature in Sharpcap, very nice tool. it is for me a way to do short exposures, wirhout the processing pain of thousands of individual frames. Yesterday I tried the sat trail removal, and it worked fine. Another nice feature !!!

Regards - Patrick
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Patrick,

probably the best bet would be for you to share either a screenshot of the settings as you would like to have them, or the text of the pattern that you would like to use. I will then check to make sure that the rules about overwriting are being applied correctly and advise on the best way to fix things too.

cheers,

Robin