some minor adjustments to the GUI

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
GoFraRo

some minor adjustments to the GUI

Post by GoFraRo »

Hi Robin,

may I suggest a small change in the Telescope Control frame ? Is it possible to align the content with the left edge of the frame ? The buttons and select boxes are squeezed on the right edge, making it difficult to access when one uses a touchscreen (on the Smartphone or Tablet) using Remote Desktop for instance.
Telescope Control.jpg
Telescope Control.jpg (23.51 KiB) Viewed 281 times
Another suggested change is related to the Liveview Window. When not capturing planetary images, I use the Liveview to control my DSO sessions. Very often, I have to deal with rapidly changing seeing conditions. Expecially FWHM and Brightness is of certain interest. Would it be possible to combine both tabs into a single view, by making the graphs a little smaller ?

And this new little button can create sum surprises, if pressed the wrong time. Luckily I have only the mount in my hardware list and no other device and the camera is not impacted by it. May I suggest to move it farther away from the other buttons or implement a confirmation. Also very challenging on a small touchscreen.
Quick Connect.jpg
Quick Connect.jpg (11.7 KiB) Viewed 281 times
Thanks for your work and attention

Regards
Gottfried
TS Photoline 60/360, TS Photon 150/750 Advanced Newton, Bresser 90/500 & MC 127/1900, ZWO ASI120MC-s, Player One Neptune-C, Altair Hypercam 294C Pro, SVBONY SV165 Guidescope, iOptron Cube Pro & CEM25P, Bortle 4, Germany-northwest region
admin
Site Admin

Re: some minor adjustments to the GUI

Post by admin »

Hi Gottfried,

I will make some tweaks to the mount UI so that when the space is available the controls will move away from the right hand side a bit (rather than the current situation where the co-ordinate readout uses all the extra space). Hopefully that will help.

For the connect/disconnect all button, I use it extensively and would be annoyed by a confirmation check each time, so I feel that would defeat it's purpose of being a quick way to deal with hardware for most people. Perhaps a confirmation on disconnect only would be appropriate though (if a camera is open?).

In general, SharpCap is very much designed around having a fairly dense layout of controls so that most of what you need is available without switching screens or scrolling too much. Unfortunately this doesn't work so well with touch operations. I can only make small changes in this area, since the majority of SharpCap users will be controlling with keyboard and mouse, so I can't do anything to significantly worsen their experience.

cheers,

Robin