Case for Live stack NOT clearing after 60 seconds

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
celkins

Case for Live stack NOT clearing after 60 seconds

Post by celkins »

Robin,
sorry to open a new topic, but I can't find the post where this could have gone...

Use case for NOT clearing live stack after 60 seconds:

After live stacking for some time, I noticed that the FWHM was creeping up, so I paused my stack, and went to re-focus the scope: I do this my manually moving inwards enough to bloat the stars, then scan outwards. By the time this completes, when I go back to my stack, it has been cleared! I didn't want it cleared...

Suggestion: If live stack is paused manually, before closing the window, then don't clear the stack after 60 seconds (or at all): if the use hasn't manually paused the stack before closing, then apply the current logic.

Thanks,
Carl
admin
Site Admin

Re: Case for Live stack NOT clearing after 60 seconds

Post by admin »

Hi Carl,

thanks for the suggestion. While it does make some sense that the behaviour should be different depending on whether pause or not before closing, on the whole I think most people who weren't aware of the rule would end up thinking the behaviour was random, which is never good.

I'm planning to add an option to control this behaviour instead - I think that will let everyone have their preferred way of working without making things any more complicated.

cheers,

Robin
rapture91

Post by rapture91 »

Has this topic been adressed with the latest version of Sharpcap? I‘m using a Dobson on equatorial platform and would like to continue the livestack after manually re-centering the object…

Thanks & CS
Johannes
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, there is now a setting in the live stack settings tab (right-hand-most tab) to enable/disable this.

cheers,

Robin