Page 1 of 1

Livestack Alignment Status and Dither

Posted: Fri May 19, 2023 9:56 pm
by GoFraRo
Hi,
just recognized, that after dithering, the alignment status and star detection status is set to N/A.

I set dither in such a way, that it is performed after every frame (i.e. Exp 240s - Dither every 240s, with short exposure checked).
It works nice and smoothly, but...
due to the dropped frames, the status is set to N/A. Only shortly after the last regular frame is captured, you have a chance to read the status quickly, that is then overwritten by the first dropped frame.
It would be very helpful, to keep the last status from the valid frame.
Regards
Gottfried

Re: Livestack Alignment Status and Dither

Posted: Sat May 20, 2023 2:28 pm
by admin
Hi Gottfried,

I will have a look and see if this can be improved - I think I know what is happening here,

thanks,

Robin

Re: Livestack Alignment Status and Dither

Posted: Sat May 20, 2023 3:12 pm
by admin
Hi,

could you try SharpCap 4.1 Beta and see if the problem still exists there? I just tested in the beta and it isn't happening for me, so it looks like it may have been fixed by some other work I did on guiding since SharpCap 4.0

cheers,

Robin

Re: Livestack Alignment Status and Dither

Posted: Fri May 26, 2023 10:10 pm
by GoFraRo
Hi Robin,
testing V4.1.10652 (64bit) right now. It works !
Regards
Gottfried