Two Monitor View

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
AstroChessPilot

Re: Two Monitor View

Post by AstroChessPilot »

With new update, 4.1.10700.0 everything is looking good! Problem solved. Thanks a bunch!
Tom
Attachments
Log_2023-05-31T05_57_17-8988.log
(42.61 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Tom,

good to hear that it worked for you properly. I had all sorts of fun and games getting this to work correctly for as many combinations as possible - early attempts worked with both monitors at 225% but put the second monitor view over the main SharpCap window if one monitor was 100% and the other 225%... :)

cheers,

Robin
P-K

Post by P-K »

I've encountered a similar problem when toggling on "Two Monitor View", where the camera view takes over Screen 1, rather than appearing on Screen 2. My setup is Windows 11 on a PC with a screen resolution of 3840 x 2400 (16:10) with a secondary monitor of 3840 x 2160 (16:9). But if I lower the PC's resolution down one step to 2560 x 2048 BEFORE toggling on "Two Monitor View", then the camera view appears on the secondary monitor. I can then switch the PC's resolution back to 3840 x 2400 and everything continues to appear as expected. But then if I inadvertently slide the main SharpCap window even the slightest bit onto the secondary monitor, the camera view jumps onto the PC screen. Therefore it seems that "Two Monitor View" puts the camera view on whichever screen has the higher resolution, rather than the secondary screen as identified by Windows.
I've confirmed this behaviour with a different PC with a screen resolution of 1368 x 768 and a different secondary monitor with 1920 x 1080 resolution, which when reduced to 1200 x 800 causes "Two Monitor View" to make the camera view appear on the PC screen. Hopefully this information helps to identify the root cause of the problem, and therefore a solution.
I'm using version 4.0.9538.0.
Menno555

Post by Menno555 »

Hello and welcome

You mention you use SharpCap 4.0.9538.0. There is a new version now (4.1) where a lot of things have changed and updated.
Could you try and install the latest version and see if that fixes your problem?
It can be found on https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap/downloads

Menno