command line arguments

Discussions on extending SharpCap using the built in Python scripting functionality
pamino

command line arguments

Post by pamino »

Using last version of Sharpcap Pro i'm not able to exec from cmd line commands with any arguments, neither /runscript nor /lenguage or others.. It seems that sharpcap doesn't accept any arguments. Do you know if there is any problem with windows 10 and last SC versión?

Nico
admin
Site Admin

Re: command line arguments

Post by admin »

Hi Nico,

Actually, there is a bug which is stopping the /runscript parameter from working at the moment. I have that fixed now and will be releasing an updated SharpCap 4.1 beta build on Monday that contains the fix.

Other parameters seem to be working for me in both the most recent SharpCap 4.0 (4.0.9556) and the latest 4.1 (4.1.10561)

For instance

Code: Select all

"c:\Program Files\SharpCap 4.0 (64 bit)\SharpCap.exe" /language es
Starts SharpCap with Spanish menus.

cheers,

Robin
pamino

Post by pamino »

Code: Select all

"c:\Program Files\SharpCap 4.0 (64 bit)\SharpCap.exe" /language es
open sharpcap but doesn't change the lenguage to spanish for the version ive installed (4.0.9556). I´ll wait to try it when the new update be ready.
Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

there is a setting on the first page of the SharpCap settings to always display in English. If that setting is ticked then you will get English language - it will ignore the language settings of your PC and ignore any command line parameters. I suspect that is what is happening for you - the /language es works for me until I turn on that setting, and works again when I turn it off.

thanks,

Robin
pamino

Post by pamino »

Hi Robin,
You are right, the problem for /lenguage is that the english setting is ticked. If unticked, i can change the lenguage to french or spanish without problem using /lenguaje on command line.

So, not a problem for all commands, it's only for /runscript one. I'll try when you fix it on next update.

Nico
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Nico,

please try the latest 4.1 update which I have uploaded today to the beta downloads page : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap/sha ... p-4-1-beta

Note that we have just changed to a new code signing certificate with this version, so you may see warnings from the Edge browser or Windows Smart Screen when you try to install. Please verify that the installer is published by 'ASTROSHARP LIMITED' and then proceed past the warnings.

thanks,

Robin
pamino

Post by pamino »

Hi Robin,

I've just tested on today beta (10609), no problem for installing and it works perfectly using /runscript......the problem now is that the warning window of beta version at the beginning of execution doesnt allow to call a script with commands without click the window manually with the mouse...no problem to wait to alpha version without warning.

Thanks for fix it!
pamino

Post by pamino »

After installing last alpha (9571) the problem still happend, /runscript doesnt work when Sharpcap is launched from command line.
For beta versions (11062) it works without problem.

Nico
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, that's correct - I am no longer updating or fixing bugs in SharpCap 4.0 (except for camera SDK updates from camera manufacturers), so all bug fixes like this one are now in SharpCap 4.1

cheers,

Robin