SC 4.1 Beta close-down

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
Chara

SC 4.1 Beta close-down

Post by Chara »

Hi, I read
"All beta versions have a built in time limit – they will only work up until a particular date (usually they have a life of a month or two). If your beta version runs out, check back at this page for an updated beta (or check the main downloads page for a new release)."

I have used Sharpcap 4.1 Beta during the several weeks and reached the end limit of the specific beta version. There was no difficulty in loading the new version at my home. However I plan a journey during June to a place where reliable and countinuous internet connection is not guaranteed. An automatic close-down of SC 4.1 beta during June could be quite disadvantageous. Therefore I would like to ask, whether you can exclude a possible close-down of SC 4.1 Beta during June? A workaround may be the use of the most recent version of SC 4.0 during the complete journey.

With thanks in advance, Albrecht
admin
Site Admin

Re: SC 4.1 Beta close-down

Post by admin »

Hi Albrecht,

the very latest beta version has an updated limit of 30th June, so if your trip is going to be done by the 30th, you will have nothing to worry about. I will most likely change the expiry date to the end of July by the beginning of June. As you say, you can have SC 4.0 installed too.

There is (deliberately) no way to circumvent the end date of the beta versions - no secret settings or registry keys. I learnt that was necessary in a previous software development job where large clients would happily take beta versions and put them on hundreds of machines, then complain about bugs in them that we had already fixed in the real release version... A hard time limit on all beta versions made sure that didn't happen again.

cheers,

Robin