ZWO camera name

Behoolder

ZWO camera name

Post by Behoolder »

Hello,
When I connect two identical cameras to SharpCap 4.0 64bit I cannot see difference in their names, but actually there is something like a serial number shown on window frame top bar.
Is it possible to use this ID in displayed name somehow, or at least save this ID into .CameraSettings file?
admin
Site Admin

Re: ZWO camera name

Post by admin »

Hi,

I think I once had code to display the serial numbers in the camera menu if there were two devices with the same name present, but it looks like that is no longer active - I will try to fix that and look into the capturesettings idea too.

Thanks for the suggestion,

cheers,

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ah,

the code hadn't gone missing... There is a different issue :(

With ZWO cameras you cannot get their serial number without opening the camera - if you try without opening the camera you just get blank data back... If I changed SharpCap to open each ZWO camera when finding the list of devices to show in the menu then that could have nasty side effects if the camera in question is already in use in another application.

I can get the serial number into the capture settings file though.

cheers,

Robin
Behoolder

Post by Behoolder »

Having them saved in CaptureSettings would definitely help when trying to figure out which darks match which flats and lights etc... for multiple cameras setup. Thanks :)