Profiles are not loaded in sequencer

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
StarFlea

Profiles are not loaded in sequencer

Post by StarFlea »

Hi Robin!

When I run a sequence that involves loading a profile, the sequencer aborts with an error message saying it couldn't find the profile. But this is definitely available and it can also be loaded manually, just not within the sequence:

03:25:16 Starting : Sequence
03:25:16 Starting : Retry up to 5 times if there are any errors running these steps
03:25:16 Starting : Open Camera 'Test Camera 1 (Deep Sky)'
03:25:17 Completed : Open Camera 'Test Camera 1 (Deep Sky)'
03:25:17 Completed : Retry up to 5 times if there are any errors running these steps
03:25:17 Starting : Load Camera Profile 'DS_Test'
03:25:17 Error : 'Profile could not be loaded' while running step Load Camera Profile 'DS_Test'
03:25:17 End : Sequence halted due to error.
03:25:17 Finished

Version used: 4.1.10427
Sample sequence and associated profile attached...

Best regards!
StarFlea
Attachments
Simulator.scs
(168 Bytes) Downloaded 28 times
DS_Test (Test Camera 1 (Deep Sky)).ini
(1.95 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Profiles are not loaded in sequencer

Post by admin »

Hi,

ah, I see what is happening - the code is expecting the full filename of the profile (less the .ini extension) - ie 'DS_Test (Test Camera 1 (Deep Sky))', but the sequencer is just sending the short name 'DS_Test'.

For now you can work around with the full name including the camera name in brackets - I will fix for the next update.

thanks for the report,

Robin
StarFlea

Post by StarFlea »

Hi Robin!

I already tried that, it still doesn't work!
I also manually added the quotation marks to the LOAD PROFILE step. Despite this, the sequencer is unable to open the profile.

I attached the changed sequence...

Best regards!
StarFlea
Attachments
Simulator_v2.scs
(197 Bytes) Downloaded 24 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

does the current version tend to freeze on you when the name is corrected? That's what I found when I debugged the issue. It turned out that if the capture profile being loaded only changed settings like exposure or gain then it would freeze. If it changed something more significant like resolution or binning then it worked.

The problem was that the sequencer was waiting for the camera to stop and restart again when the profile was being loaded. Loading a profile used to always stop and restart the camera, so that was fine. Then I fixed loading the profile to only restart the camera if it was needed (ie changing resolution, binning, bit depth, etc), but I forgot that it would interact badly with the sequencer.

Anyway, I've got both issues fixed now at my side and you can load profiles in the sequencer in the version I will publish on Monday.

cheers,

Robin
StarFlea

Post by StarFlea »

Hi,

no, nothing freezes.
The sequencer log only says that the profile could not be loaded and the sequence is halted.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ah,

I see - there is an additional pre-check of 'does the profile exist' which fails if you try to manually put the camera name into the profile name in the sequencer. That pre-check succeeds if you just use 'DS Test' as the name, but then of course the current version fails to find the file.

Anyway, the new version will resolve that issue.

cheers,

Robin
StarFlea

Post by StarFlea »

Hello again,

now it seems to be working halfway, but now I have to rework all my old sequences because the camera name in brackets is now not processed...

Is that desired?

See attachment: v3a doesn't work, v3b does...
Attachments
Simulator_v3b.scs
(168 Bytes) Downloaded 31 times
Simulator_v3a.scs
(197 Bytes) Downloaded 28 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

the original intention for that step was for it to work on the name of the profile without the camera name appended - that's why the dropdown only suggests profiles for the currently selected camera and doesn't include the appended camera name. Because of that I decided to go back to the original design when I fixed the problem (also, loading a profile from a different camera is a dodgy thing to do - some settings may not load correctly or give undesireable results).

There's nothing to stop me from rigging the code to accept the longer version, it was just easiest for now to go back to the original design.

cheers,

Robin
StarFlea

Post by StarFlea »

OK everything good!
Then I'll change my sequences again!

Thanks for the bug fix!