Custom filters for subs?

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
andriy_melnykov

Custom filters for subs?

Post by andriy_melnykov »

Hi!
Is there a way to implement custom user filters for each sub in the SharpCap during live stacking?
With some sort of API etc.?

I can maybe do it in a tricky way:
1. saving subs from a camera in some SW
2. read and filter subs in my SW, then putting them in a folder, monitored in SharpCap
3. let SharpCap do livestacking from the monitored folder

But it is of course not very convenient.

Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Custom filters for subs?

Post by admin »

Hi,

you could probably arrange for the filter changes to happen using either SharpCap's python scripting or the sequencing tool, but the live stacking code has no way of directing a particular frame to only go to one colour channel, so I don't think it really gets you very far.

Perhaps you could use the sequencer to schedule a longer session with each filter (20 frames with red, 20 frames with blue, etc), saving each individual live stack before moving to the next filter, then combine those files in some other software to make a colour image?

cheers,

Robin
andriy_melnykov

Post by andriy_melnykov »

Sorry, my formulation of the question was unprecise.
Under custom filter I mean SW filter to process each sub before livestacking, for example noise reduction.
Background is again my study of scintific articles regarding sCMOS sensors.
There are some interesting approaches based on noise statistics of sensor pixels.
I would really like to implement some processing before livestacking.
Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ah, OK, I understand now.

You have one option to intercept the frame and perform processing on the data before stacking. That is to use the FrameCaptured event on the camera object via the Python scripting. There is some discussion of this technique here : viewtopic.php?t=1141

Note that this event delivers the raw frame data straight off of the camera - you can modify the data if you like, but the normal SharpCap processing (dark/flat correction, background removal, etc) will happen after the event returns.

cheers,

Robin