Skyris 132C doesn't connect

tnowak

Skyris 132C doesn't connect

Post by tnowak »

I am using the latest version of SharpCap V 4.0.9545 32 bit Pro version. I am using a Celestron/TIS SkyRis 132C and it is listed on my Devise Manager listing under cameras so it is successfully connected to my laptop (HP workbook laptop running Windows 10).

When I click on "cameras" the Skyris 132C camera is listed. I click on that camera and a window opens saying "opening this camera via DirectShow may...". If I select no, the warning window closes but the screen remains blank and the camera is not opened. If I select yes, a window opens saying "An error occurred while starting your Skyris 132C. ..." This error has been discussed before in earlier postings but no definitive solution to the problem has been provided as far as I can determine. Please address this recurring error and explain what Sharp Cap has done to resolve it. I am using the latest drivers for this camera as posted by Celestron and TIS.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Skyris 132C doesn't connect

Post by admin »

Hi,

did you install the driver pack for the camera from this page? https://www.theimagingsource.com/en-us/ ... /download/

Oddly, these cameras still show up in device manager and as a 'DirectShow' device in SharpCap without the driver installed, but they don't seem to work properly in that state. Once the driver is installed, the device should show up in the 'Celestron/Imaging Source' cameras section of the menu, and should work correctly.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (31.91 KiB) Viewed 14748 times
cheers,

Robin
turfpit

Re: Skyris 132C doesn't connect

Post by turfpit »

My Skyris 618M needed https://www.theimagingsource.com/en-us/ ... tis-2.9.8/. Works fine on Windows 10.

Dave