Dithering inside Sequence editor

Questions, tips, information and discussions about using the SharpCap Sequencer and Sequence Planner tools
tiziano

Dithering inside Sequence editor

Post by tiziano »

Hi Robin

a question about 'Sequencer editor'
I wanted to use both Dithering and Live stack inside the script....
It is possible to use the 'GUIDING DITHER EVERY 10 FRAMES' or the 'GUIDING DITHER EVERY 10 FRAMES'
with the 'LIVE STACK FOR 5 FRAMES SAVING AS FITSRawStack16Bit COUNTING Stacked FRAMES' if it can be done as I have to do

Thanks Tiziano
admin
Site Admin

Re: Dithering inside Sequence editor

Post by admin »

Hi,

the easiest way is to set up the dithering options that you want in a manual live stack and then leave them set up. Live stacking will then do its thing when launched from the sequencer and that will include dithering as configured - nothing to do in the sequencer at all.

If you want to take more control, you could do it in the sequencer with something like

Code: Select all

LIVE STACK FOR 20 MORE FRAMES THEN PAUSE
... reduce exposure
GUIDING DITHER NOW
... put exposure back
... do more live stacking
The GUIDING DITHER EVERY XX FRAMES step only works in still captures that are run via the 'Capture still frames...' step.

cheers,

Robin
tiziano

Post by tiziano »

Hi Robin
-------------------------

Hi,

the easiest way is to set up the dithering options that you want in a manual live stack and then leave them set up. Live stacking will then do its thing when launched from the sequencer and that will include dithering as configured - nothing to do in the sequencer at all.
------------------------------
Hi Robin
I didn't understand this step, that is from ' Live Stacking User Interface ' ----> 'Guiding' I configure the 'Automatically Dither ' ---> 'Dither interval', then what do I do, do I have to create Sequencer scrip ? how do i do it ,
help me

Tiziano
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

what I mean is that if you set up those options in the Guiding live stack settings, then they will get used in all live stacking. It doesn't matter if you start the live stacking manually using the 'Live Stack' button or via the sequencer - the dithering will happen if it is configurfed in those settings.

That way you can either get dithering in live stacking without needing the sequencer at all, or if you want to use the sequencer for some reason (maybe to automate going to several targets) then all you need to do is turn live stacking on/off from the sequencer - no need to worry about the dithering.

cheers,

Robin
tiziano

Post by tiziano »

Hi Robin
Thanks for the prompt reply
as soon as I have clear skies
I do all the necessary tests

Thank you very much
Tiziano