Plate solving and 10 micron

A place to share images that you have taken with SharpCap.
Forum rules
Please upload large images to photo sharing sites (flickr, etc) rather than trying to upload them as forum attachments.

Please share the equipment used and if possible camera settings to help others.
Ana

Plate solving and 10 micron

Post by Ana »

Hi,
I used SharpCap zillion times to adjust Celestron AVX mount.
N ow, it does not do so with 10 micron. ASTAP plate solves, tells error and SharpCap does not adjust 10 micron. It moves little bit, but not center object.
Why?
Just side not; 10 micron has two Sync modes for building model. Both modes must be on, when I use SharpCap.

Thanks a lot!

Ana
admin
Site Admin

Re: Plate solving and 10 micron

Post by admin »

Hi Ana,

if you are using a mount with a complex pointing model then it's probably best to change the plate solving setting for what to do after solving to 'Offset the mount position to center the target'. This avoids sending a sync command to the mount, instead it issues a new GOTO to slightly different co-ordinates that should put the target in the center of the field of view.

One thing to watch out for in this mode is that you get the correct results the first time you use solve+sync after a goto, but if you use it a second time, it will probably not do what you expected (it will try to center the co-ordinates that the mount currently reports, which won't be what you want). Once you do a new GOTO to a new target then it will work again correctly the first time you press the button.

Hope that makes sense,

Robin
Ana

Re: Plate solving and 10 micron

Post by Ana »

This is terrific!
I tried and it worked very well!!!!

Thanks a lot!

Armen