LiveStack color balancing v.10299

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
donstim

LiveStack color balancing v.10299

Post by donstim »

I haven't had much opportunity to use the new features in the beta version due to poor weather over the last several months. Finally had an opportunity last night and encountered some issues with the color controls in the LiveStack histogram window. Moving the color sliders no longer has an effect on either the view shown in the LiveStack display, nor in the small Display Histogram Stretch window. I noticed that there are new controls in the small histogram window. Will use of one of these controls re-enable the previous connection between the color sliders, the livestack view, and the small histogram display?

I am used to using the small histogram display along with the livestack view to guide my choices in selecting the color slider positions for color balance.

Thanks,
Don
Tfer

Re: LiveStack color balancing v.10299

Post by Tfer »

Had the same happen to me last night.

Fortunately, i still have 4.0 loaded on my laptop, so I switched to that.

Upon investigation, I noticed that the “Image Control” box is missing from the Camera Control Panel, where I would normally control the color balance on the mini histogram.
Cey42

Post by Cey42 »

Another issue with v10299 which may be related to this is that the image is really green. This is after using the color auto stretch and all three color curves are aligned up. I am using a Player One Saturn 533MC

Here is the image using v10299
Bug-3_21_2023-2x12.0s_WithDisplayStretch.jpg
Bug-3_21_2023-2x12.0s_WithDisplayStretch.jpg (270.68 KiB) Viewed 1158 times

And then after downgrading to V10136. This what I have been seeing with all previous versions of SC.
No-BUG-3_21_2023-2x12.0s_WithDisplayStretch.jpg
No-BUG-3_21_2023-2x12.0s_WithDisplayStretch.jpg (289.57 KiB) Viewed 1158 times

Thanks,
Cey
Icharuss

Post by Icharuss »

I thought I was doing something wrong. Color calibration not working at all - everything green tinted. The only control that "worked" was the one to turn the color saturation down (practically to monochrome).
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ooops,

yes, the loss of adjustment in live stacking is my fault :( I was adding some code to allow more control over which parts of the image processing occur before and after the stretch, and somehow the colour adjustments got lost along with it :(

Controls on the right hand side for white balance are unchanged, however whether you see them or not depends on the camera that you are using and the mode that you are in. Some manufacturers do not support colour balance adjustment in RAW modes, some do. Most have adjustments in RGB mode.

cheers,

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi folks,

please try this version which corrects the error with the colour balance controls

https://d.sharpcap.co.uk/download.html? ... 0&arch=x64

Note that there are also other changes since 4.1.10299 :

* Added JD_UTC and AIRMASS headers to FITS files in situations where they can be calculated
* German translation update
* Fix to python library having some files named incorrectly
* Remove spinners from read-only camera controls
* Clean up more temp files when plate solving
* Changes to try to fix issues with StarlightXpress M25C camera
* Experimental autoexposure steps added to sequencer
* Remove bayeroffset FITS headers, which were not being written in accordance with specification and were stoping software from detecting the correct bayer pattern of SharpCap produced FITS files

I don't think any of these are likely to break stuff that worked in 4.1.10299, but you never know...

cheers,

Robin
Cey42

Post by Cey42 »

I tested using saved fits file from the night when I found the issue. The new build fixes the issue for me.

Thanks,
Cey