PushTo direction

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
admin
Site Admin

Re: PushTo direction

Post by admin »

I meant to write that I had found an issue with 11226, not 11137. I'm losing track of all the numbers here...

Anyway, 4.1.11239 should fix the crashing issue in 4.1.11226.

Phew!

Robin
Gfischer

Post by Gfischer »

Robin,

I’ll give it a try

Thanks
George
Gfischer

Post by Gfischer »

Robin,
Uploaded new version. Lag is gone and no more freezing. The push to works fast than gets stuck search area counts up to 180 then message failed to solve. I’m sure this is due to my 30x20 min fov. One suggestion on the message tape you might want to state number of sources (stars).

All good here
George
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi George,

that's good news - thanks for testing.

I think that a message does pop up about the number of stars, but doesn't last long (fraction of a second). I will try to make it last longer or include it in the progress messages.

cheers,

Robin
Gfischer

Post by Gfischer »

Robin,
Glad to help. I really appreciate your work. I don’t know if it’s allowed but if sc could access the database from astap or ansvr directly it would be awesome! If I can help in anyway feel free to contact me. I have lots of clear nights in Arizona 😀😀
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi George,

unfortunately the databases from other software are not going to be in the right format for SharpCap to use - I had to come up with a custom format to bring the database size down to a minimum and allow for best performance.

Thanks for the offer of testing - it's great to have people like you who are willing and able to test new features quickly - at this time of year we could easily go for a week or more without much in the way of clear sky in the UK :( I will shout out if there is anything worth testing!

cheers,

Robin
Gfischer

Post by Gfischer »

Robin,
When using 2sec exposure with push to this is sequence.
Plate solves and I move scope.
Solver picks up frame after solver frame and begins solve.
Plate solves and has same results as 1st solve.
I wait for next frame and solve to show actual scope position.
If there was a user adjustable delay after successfully solve before solver starts new exposure might help. Not really an issue due to the 2sec exposure. If someone is using a longer ie 8sec the next frame will be streaked due to scope move maybe confusing solver. With a delay the frame would be streaks free.

George
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi George,

I am already thinking about having SharpCap analyse the frame to look for streaks before sending it to the plate solving tool - that would, I think, be a good way to resolve this particular issue and a benefit in other parts of the program. It also has the advantage of being entirely automatic and not requiring people to adjust settings (providing it works properly!)

cheers,

Robin
Gfischer

Post by Gfischer »

Robin,

Sounds good. With my 2 sec exposure there is no issue. By the time I move my scope maybe a 20
sec wait for next move instructions.

George
Gfischer

Post by Gfischer »

Hi Robin,

Just to let you know I used the sc solver with my 60mm guidescope at f/4 and actually plate solved until I put Saturn, Jupiter, Uranus and Neptune in the field of my Asi462mc with a 2x barlow on my 12” dob.Worked perfect.

George