Temperature log file for focuser ?

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
Real14

Temperature log file for focuser ?

Post by Real14 »

Hi,

I have found out that I can log the temperature of the camera.

Is there a chance that you add also the values of the Focuser to the CSV file ?

Thanks and regards

Rainer
regards Rainer

Observatorio Real de 14
22° North 101° West
admin
Site Admin

Re: Temperature log file for focuser ?

Post by admin »

Hi,

do you mean the temperaure being written to the capturesettings file when you capture (I can't think of anywhere that SharpCap will log the camera temperature otherwise)? If that is what you are thinking about then the most recent versions of SharpCap 4.0 (since September last year) will also write the focuser temperature into that file if the focuser is connected and can report temperature.

cheers,

Robin
Real14

Post by Real14 »

Hi Robin,

Sorry. I mixed up SharpCap and FireCapture. I use both software but for different imaging.

FireCapture writes a csv file logging the temperature every x seconds from the very moment you connect a camera as well as the focuser.

regards Rainer
regards Rainer

Observatorio Real de 14
22° North 101° West
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

ah, OK. Interesting though... I now have 3 Pegasus Astro autofocusers on various telescopes, so I have been using their 'Unity' application lots. That logs the focuser temperature to an on-screen graph, and I keep meaning to ask them to log the position too. From that sort of dual graph of focuser temperature and position with time you could fairly easily work out the temperature compensation settings for your focuser if you refocus several times over a session.

cheers,

Robin