ErrorCode 0x800004003 using ASCOMDSLR

solarhank

ErrorCode 0x800004003 using ASCOMDSLR

Post by solarhank »

When using my Canon M50 with SC 4.0 Pro on my windows11 laptop everything is perfect. Therefor I bought aminiPC with windows11pro. But now I always get the above ErrorCode and "camera is not connected" though the shutter is working. In ASCOMDSLRTEST the camera takes correct pictures which are stored in the ASCOMfolder, but when Iwant to preview them, then appears "camera non connected".
Thanks for any help to solve this problem in uploadingthe pictures in the used app.
admin
Site Admin

Re: ErrorCode 0x800004003 using ASCOMDSLR

Post by admin »

Hi,

unfortunately the error code is a fairly generic one, so doesn't point straight at the likely cause. From a general troubleshooting point of view, a starting point would be to check that everything is just the same on the new PC as on the old one - ie

* Same version of SharpCap (including whether 32 or 64 bit)
* Same version of ASCOM.DSLR software
* Same settings changes made inside ASCOM.DSLR setup window.
* Same options set in SharpCap

That should maximise your chances of things working identically on both computers.

If that doesn't help then please post the full SharpCap log captured after the error has occured - the log will give more context to what SharpCap is trying to do when the error occurs and may help point towards a solution.

cheers,

Robin
solarhank

Post by solarhank »

Thank you Robin,
solved the problem. It was obviously an issue in the ASCOM-Platform. I installed the tested platform from GitHub and all works perfect, also in SC 4.1.
In addtion I set the language to English in windows to prevent problems with "." and "," , which was mentioned in Github. No idea about all was fine with my laptop in German settings. Now my equipment is ready to start in EAA.

Clear sky
Manfred
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Manfred,

glad you got it sorted. The '.' and ',' issue traps a lot of software into issues, especially when reading/writing settings. I think SharpCap is largely OK now with '.' and ',' swapped (I have had enough users in France/Germany/etc for long enough to find and fix almost all the issues). ASCOM.DSLR is maybe less happy though...

clear skies!

Robin