Capture area different than image size Incident

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
Brian1973

Capture area different than image size Incident

Post by Brian1973 »

I was looking through the forum because I recently went out and spent four hours capturing on capturing data on NGC 1893. I got home and was reviewing my data and found the image resolution was havled. My camera is the Alatir Astro 26C. I saw this was an issue from another post with the SVbony camera, it looks like its also an issue with the AA26C.

Kind regards,

Brian
admin
Site Admin

Re: Capture area different than image size Incident

Post by admin »

Hi Brian,

if the image size was half the expected size then either maybe you put the camera into 2x2 binning mode and left it in that mode without intending to, or possibly went into 2x2 mode and then came out again, which can leave the camera in 1x1 mode but with a reduced resolution on some Altair cameras. In the latter case, you need to just switch the resolution back to full in the capture area control.

If you captured to FITS format then the binning should be recorded in the FITS headers. In either case, the capturesettings file should contain all the settings, so should let us know what configuration you had. Please feel free to share the contents of the capturesettings file here if it is not clear.

I guess that the fact that the resolution stays low after a switch into and then back out of 2x2 binning is a user-experience issue, I will put it on the list of things to fix.

cheers,

Robin
Brian1973

Re: Capture area different than image size Incident

Post by Brian1973 »

I went back and on closer inspection it appears this was indeed a user error. Instead of selecting the AA26C profile, I had selected the AA26C(2.0) profile which inlcuded a smaller resolution.

Thank you for your help.

Best Brian