Comet Live Stack

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
rac19

Comet Live Stack

Post by rac19 »

I am probably doing something wrong, but tonight I can't get Live Stack ignore the stars or lock onto the comet C2022 E3 ZTF.
Attachments
CE76A35D-521D-48E1-86C4-EAAE4B2C1D8B.jpeg
CE76A35D-521D-48E1-86C4-EAAE4B2C1D8B.jpeg (47.44 KiB) Viewed 254 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Comet Live Stack

Post by admin »

Hi,

the screenshot is showing many stars highlighted and about 41 detected - in comet mode you should only ever get one highlighted and one showing as detected. Had you only just switched to comet mode when you captured this image? If there has not been a new frame from the camera since switching on comet mode, you might see this.

1% is very high for the detection threshold - probably 0.01% is more usual.

I would suggest clearing the stack after changing to comet mode, which should ensure that all previous stars are forgotten.

thanks,

Robin
rac19

Post by rac19 »

Thanks Robin,

I will try that next time, clouds permitting.

EDIT: I must admit that I wasn't sure whether the detection threshold should be high or low.

By the way, after Clearing the stack, I get an error saying that my hard drive is full. I suspect that it might be because the counter fir the raw frames is reset to 0 (or 1?) and Sharpcap starts to reuse fike names that already exist. My work around, for now, is ti change the target name slightly so that a new folder is created.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, there have been a few cases where the overwrite of a file has been mis-shown as a disk full error. I *think* I have dealt with all the ones I know about, so please try the very latest version and see if it still happens. Also, check the 'Filename' settings. If you are getting overwrite errors then you should get a warning when you go to the filename settings telling you to adjust your templates. If you are not using custom templates or do not see a warning, please send me a screenshot of those settings so I can investigate further.

cheers,

Robin