Linear Gradient Auto Color Balance Issue

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
donboy

Linear Gradient Auto Color Balance Issue

Post by donboy »

Hi Robin,

Trying to use the Linear Gradient Remover and running into issues with color balance starting with the first frame.

I've White balanced the Red and Blue channels on the right in Camera Controls before starting a live stack run; so that when I livestack the Red and Blue color sliders should be near the mid point and even with the Green slider. Every once in awhile this works, but most of the time on the first stack the red channel slider is pushed to the minimum and sometimes both red and blue sliders.are pushed to the minimum. As stacks are added the red and the blue (if blue it was minimized) will increase in level with each subsequent stack.

Don't know if it's me or the software. Log attached.
Log_2023-02-15T23_07_17-1444.log
(412.78 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
Regards,

Don
admin
Site Admin

Re: Linear Gradient Auto Color Balance Issue

Post by admin »

Hi Don,

yes, there's something odd about the first frame that went into the stack started at about 23:14:30 - the background calibration for the red channel comes out very different to the other two channels. Do you happen to have the raw frames saved? If I had the raw frames from that stack then I could probably work out what is going on.

cheers,

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Re: Linear Gradient Auto Color Balance Issue

Post by admin »

Hi Don,

I think I have worked out what might be going on. I have added a fix which will be in the next SharpCap 4.1 update. Not 100% sure, but very likely the cause...

cheers,

Robin