You know how you can live stack previously recorded images, would it be possible to sort and re-save these images into a new folder with new parameters? This would be a quick way of sorting out the images with the best FWHM and/or brightness.
Yes, I know I should set this when I image. But seeing and transparency changes during the night, so one does not always know what the best cut off point is. With this option, I could just go back later and tighten up the parameters.
Thanks!
- Chris
Is this possible?
- admin
- Site Admin
- Posts: 17382
- Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:52 pm
- Location: Vale of the White Horse, UK
- Contact:
Re: Is this possible?
Hi Chris,
well, I guess that you could use the folder monitor camera to run through the previous images *and* set the FWHM filter in live stacking to only include the good ones. If you also set live stacking to save raw frames (stacked only) when you do this, you should get a new output folder that contains just the frames that pass the FWHM filter for the second run of stacking.
A bit convoluted, but I think it should work.
cheers,
Robin
well, I guess that you could use the folder monitor camera to run through the previous images *and* set the FWHM filter in live stacking to only include the good ones. If you also set live stacking to save raw frames (stacked only) when you do this, you should get a new output folder that contains just the frames that pass the FWHM filter for the second run of stacking.
A bit convoluted, but I think it should work.
cheers,
Robin
Re: Is this possible?
Thanks Robin! Worked like a charm!
Cheers,
- Chris
Cheers,
- Chris