Guidance needed for Polar alignment - Camera is QHY 268C

ashirwad

Guidance needed for Polar alignment - Camera is QHY 268C

Post by ashirwad »

Hello,
I have recently upgraded my set up as follows. 115mm Triplet APO primary lens ( 805mm focal length) and QHY 268 camera. The field of view is approx 1.68 deg X 1.25deg. Based on the specifications of polar alignment for Sharpcap, I should be able use it for my above equipment. However I am not getting the polar alignment option in the menu in the Sharpcap main screen. Rather than selecting QHY 268C, I selected internal camera and polar alignment selection got highlighted. So, is there some configuration needed, which I am missing? Kindly provide guidance.
Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Re: Guidance needed for Polar alignment - Camera is QHY 268C

Post by admin »

Hi,

that's odd - the only things that are required to enable the 'Polar Align' entry in the tools menu are

* You have a camera open and
* You are not capturing

When you select your QHY268 camera, does it fully open (ie controls visible on the right, frame count in the bottom left increasing)? Sometimes a camera can get stuck and stop responding to commands when SharpCap starts to open it, and this might lead to the problem you are seeing.

General advice would be

* Make sure you have the latest version of SharpCap 4
* Make sure the camera opens fully and responds to controls (exposure change, etc) and to light/dark
* Check out the USB troubleshooting hints (viewtopic.php?f=18&t=349&p=1556#p1556) if you have trouble with step 2

cheers,

Robin