Page 1 of 1

Error writing RAW files

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:58 am
by Chris_h
Out of the blue I will get this error notification when live stacking:

Notification (Status=Error): An error has occurred while writing RAW frames. No more RAW frames will be written. This usually means that the disk is full.

The disk is not even half full. I have never seen this before, and I run the latest version of SC.

Anyone else seen this?

Thanks!

Re: Error writing RAW files

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:56 pm
by admin
Hi,

this is probably related to custom filename templates being set up in a way that allows the same filename to be re-used, which would lead to files being overwritten.

In 4.0.9478 the overwriting is prevented, but the message you see is incorrect and mentions running out of disk space. In newer updates (available on the downloads page) the error message is correct. There is also additional guidance if you go to the filenames tab of the settings to help you correct your custom filename templates to avoid overwriting existing files.

Hope this helps,

Robin