Basler camera max fps with ROI

bokemon

Basler camera max fps with ROI

Post by bokemon »

Hello,
I happen to be testing out a Basler IMX 183 mono camera with USB. Downgraded to Pylon 6.1 to make sharpcap work.
However, I still can't get > 20 fps even using region of interest. (The pylon viewer can't either, so far as I've tried)
Is there some setting I'm missing? Or is this a hardware limitation of this camera?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Basler camera max fps with ROI

Post by admin »

Hi,

the first thing to check is the obvious - have you got the exposure set to 50ms by any chance? At 50ms exposures, you cannot get more than 20 frames per second simply because there isn't time.

Beyond that, I'm not familiar with the Basler 183 camera, but I know that with other brands with the same sensor on USB, you can get higher frame rates, particularly with ROI set. Note that it is typically the ROI height that affects the frame rate, not the width.

Finally, if you try the SharpCap 4.1 beta (see the beta testing forum), you can use the latest version of Pylon, which might help.

cheers,

Robin
bokemon

Post by bokemon »

basler error.png
basler error.png (21.73 KiB) Viewed 7168 times
Attachments
Log_2022-12-22T15_27_25-13100.log
(56.02 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for posting this bug report - I will dig into it and see what I need to do to fix the issues. One of the difficulty with Basler cameras is that there are a wide range of cameras and it is difficult to be sure in advance which controls will always be available and which are only available on some models of camera. Since I have only one model to test with, it requires a certain amount of trial and error (and end user bug reports) before I find and fix all the glitches like this.

cheers,

Robin