Where did my raw files go?

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
ScottD

Where did my raw files go?

Post by ScottD »

Hello,

I imaged last night for a few hours. I shot 101 90 second exposures. As usual, I live stacked but also saved individual frames. This morning, while getting ready to stack and process I discovered that Sharpcap only saved frames 93 - 101. Where did the other frames go?

Thank you,

Scott
ScottD

Re: Where did my raw files go?

Post by ScottD »

Just to clarify, I had the save setting set to "save all except when paused or dithering." Also, my stack shows 101 frames. I watched the save number increase throughout the night as the session went on. I guess it would make more sense if the later frames didn't get saved, but why would it say saved and then not start saving until frame 93?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I guess the first question is... did you change something at about frame 93?

* Name of the target - SharpCap tries to rename the stack to match the change in target name, but maybe the raw frames got left behind?

* The save raw frames setting?

* Other settings - filtering thresholds, etc?

If that doesn't help point you in the right direction, the next thing to do would be to find the SharpCap log for last nights session (run SharpCap, goto Help menu, 'Show Log' and press the button to 'Locate on Disk' which will open the folder with saved log files in). The log should record each save, so with a bit of digging, hopefully you can track down the saves for the earlier frames and see if they happened and where they got saved to.

cheers,

Robin
ScottD

Post by ScottD »

Hi Robin,

No, I didn't change anything. Once I get everything setup, I just start imaging and let it go until I'm ready to call it a night and take my flats.

I did as you said in the log area. I cannot find anything that shows where images might be saved.

Thank you,

Scott
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Scott,

feel free to post the log here or send it to me - I will have a look and see if I can work out what went on.

cheers,

Robin