Page 1 of 1

Documentation to use SC with Stellarium to find target?

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:15 pm
by abillionnewstars
Hello,

EAA newbie question. I want to use SC for EAA. I already have Stellarium installed. Is there a guide somewhere on how to set it up and use it to find and acquire targets in SC?

Thank you

Re: Documentation to use SC with Stellarium to find target?

Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:34 pm
by admin
Hi,

I don't have a detailed link with step-by-step instructions, but what you need to do is configure Stellarium to talk to your ASCOM mount. SharpCap will also be set up to talk to the mount, and you can see the mounts position (and command it to move) from either application.

Stellarium used to have a 'Telescope Control' plugin that let it do this, but I thought I read somewhere that this functionality had been brought into the main program in recent versions. Anyway, search for 'Stellarium Telescope Control plugin' and you will hopefully soon be on the right track.

cheers,

Robin