Sharpcap/Planet Stabilization/Autostakkert3!

Discussions of using SharpCap for Planetary Imaging
DrBobAZ

Sharpcap/Planet Stabilization/Autostakkert3!

Post by DrBobAZ »

Greetings

I have enjoyed success with the work flow of Sharpcap/AS3!/registax6 for planetary.

Last couple of sessions, I have tried to use planet stabilization, where I am having difficulties.

I take an avi with sharpcap, and directly input to AS3!.

I have tried cases with and without align points in the 'grey' area of the video frame with very similar results.

The resulting image is blurry (extremely) and essentially the stacking process can't seem to deal with the border of the frame jumping around.

Can anyone suggest what to do to resolve this?

Thanks for any info.

Bob
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sharpcap/Planet Stabilization/Autostakkert3!

Post by admin »

Hi Bob,

I have been making changes to the stabilization code for the next version of SharpCap (4.1) - the current version in 4.1 does not draw grey over the missing part of the frame, instead it simply adds a highlight rectangle (which is only visible on screen, not saved) to show you where the frame boundaries are.

Right now there isn't a publicly available version of SharpCap with this change in it, but I do hope to make a public beta release of SharpCap 4.1 available within a few weeks.

cheers,

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi again,

sorry, the other thing I should have mentioned is that for existing data, the best thing to do is to uses PIPP to crop the video down so that the grey area is excluded and then stack the cropped version.

cheers,

Robin
DrBobAZ

Post by DrBobAZ »

Hi Robin

Thanks so much for the insights. Looking forward to 4.1.

Appreciate all you do, and your hard work!

Bob