Calibration frames Deep Sky Sequence Planner Issue

Discussion of using SharpCap for Deep Sky Imaging
Xee

Calibration frames Deep Sky Sequence Planner Issue

Post by Xee »

hello guys,

I'm having a weird issue when i put a sequence of calibration frames in the Sequence planner.

I'm using an ASI585mc and well its better just to attach an image to explain.

This only happens when i run the sequence, and only happened in 1 flat frame (50) , as opposed to every single dark (20), every single bias (100), and every single DarkFlat (50).

Can anyone point out what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
Xee
Attachments
M42_00027.png
M42_00027.png (801.41 KiB) Viewed 935 times
M42_00025.png
M42_00025.png (734.65 KiB) Viewed 935 times
M42_00029.png
M42_00029.png (876.43 KiB) Viewed 935 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Calibration frames Deep Sky Sequence Planner Issue

Post by admin »

Hi,

I'm assuming that the problem here is the grey band at the bottom of each frame, yes?

I haven't seen anything exactly like that before, but I have seen similar issues with frames glitching before. Sometimes it can be caused by USB transfer issues, so it would be worth checking out the USB troubleshooting steps : viewtopic.php?f=18&t=349&p=1556#p1556

In particular, see if you can get a working situation with minimum Turbo USB and a short USB cable straight back to the PC - if you can find a working setup then you can move back to your normal setup one thing at a time until you find what causes the glitches.

Looking at it from another viewpoint, it could also be an SDK bug/issue - were these frames captured with the very latest SharpCap?

cheers,

Robin
Xee

Post by Xee »

Hey Robin,

yes the very latest version.

The weird thing here, this only occurs if i capture them from the normally using livestack, the images are perfect.

So i think that should rule out the cable and turbousbc speed, that and i actually did that already and had the same issue running at USB speed 40 and 70 and Auto using a 30CM usb cable.

I don't know honestly, but what i know is i love sharp cap and want it to work :D.

Xee
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Xee,

ok, so one more thing you can investigate is the difference between running the camera in live mode and still mode.

If you use the sequence planner then it will put the camera into still mode automatically for the whole sequence. Otherwise SharpCap defaults to running the camera in live mode (for ZWO there is an internal switchover to still mode behind the scenes at 2s exposure or longer even in live mode...)

So, try putting the camera manually into still mode (unselect the live view button in the toolbar) and see if you can make the problem happen then by using the 'Framing Shot' button which takes an image in still mode but doesn't save it.

Once we understand what is causing the problem to appear in one place and not the other we have a chance of working out how to fix it (or at least reporting it to ZWO as a bug that they can reproduce and fix).

cheers,

Robin
Xee

Post by Xee »

Hey Robin,

Will give that a go and post tonight

Thanks
Xee