Winjupos - file naming format?

Discussions of using SharpCap for Planetary Imaging
Moonstruck

Winjupos - file naming format?

Post by Moonstruck »

Hi,
I have seen some great images of Jupiter processed (in part) with WINJUPOS. I have read that it uses a very specific file naming format. Does Sharpcap have an option to save files in WINJUPOS format? If so, how would I do that?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Winjupos - file naming format?

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, absolutely - all you need to do is tick the 'Winjupos compatible filenames' box on the filename settings page - see https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/4.0/#Filenames%20Tab

cheers,

Robin
Moonstruck

Post by Moonstruck »

Thanks! A few related follow-on questions:

1. From what I understand, WINJUPOS uses UTC time. So, should I also check the box for "Use UTC times in file and folder names" in the Sharpcap filenames tab? Or is just checking the Winjupos box enough?

2. I think I use autostakkert immediately after capturing, and then use WINJUPOS, correct? And if that is the case, will the WINJUPOS file naming scheme I chose in Sharpcap carry through to autostakkert, then to WINJUPOS automatically?

3. Last question, which has to do with WINJUPOS. Do I need to manually enter in each UTC time for each stack in WINJUPOS, or does the data automatically populate the correct WINJUPOS data fields when each autostakkert file is opened in WINJUPOS?

Thanks,
John
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

the Winjupos bit at the end of the filename will use UTC even if the main UTC checkbox is unchecked, so there is no need to worry about that.

I haven't used Winjupos in a long long time, but I thought it had to deal with the rotation, so it will have to work on the captured video *before* it is stacked I think.

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to the last one, sorry.

cheers,

Robin
Moonstruck

Post by Moonstruck »

Ok, thanks Robin.