Folder Options Greyed Out

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
rac19

Folder Options Greyed Out

Post by rac19 »

In Sharpcap Configuration, when I went to the File Names sheet, all Folder configuration options (tick boxes etc) were greyed out. Is there a way to make them editable?

I want to have all images in the same folder when using a sequence loop that suspends image capture every 10 minutes to plate solve and synch on the target, At the moment a new folder is created fir each loop in the sequence. I was hoping that untickinf "Create New Folder For Each Sequence " would do this.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Folder Options Greyed Out

Post by admin »

Hi,

I suspect you have ticked the 'Edit filename templates manually' checkbox further down, which enables advanced filename editing and disables all the checkboxes at the top which control what you might call 'simple mode'.

cheers,

Robin
rac19

Post by rac19 »

That was it, thanks. I unchecked "Edit filename templates manually" and unchecked "New subfolder for each sequence". I then checked "Edit filename templates manually" again, the Folder selections were greyed out again and "New subfolder for each sequence" remained unchecked.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

you have to be a bit careful here...

While 'Edit Templates Manually' is unchecked, you can change the options at the top and they will take effect. Also, the templates shown at the bottom will automatically update to reflect the changes made in the top area (potentially overwriting any manual changes you have made to the templates).

If you then change to check 'Edit Templates Manually', the options in the top area are ignored - SharpCap will follow the filenaming specified by the templates in the lower area. Of course, to begin with these will match the simple settings - until you edit the templates.

cheers,

Robin
rac19

Post by rac19 »

Thanks, I wondered about that but I forgot to ask :D